I finally decided on a pattern for the first baby quilt. It is from the book ’29 Scrappy Quilts’ by Better Homes and Gardens. After cutting up my fabric, I kind of regretted my decision and the reason was the blocks for that quilt were small, they finish at 4 x 4 inches. To piece up the blocks I had to cut 1 1/2x 1 1/2 inches squares. But what was I to do as I had cut up the fabric. So I pressed ahead and sewed up the quilt top. I am not good with sewing a consistent 1/4 inch seam so sewing a small square to another small square poses a problem. I had to sew slowly and used a stiletto. Still some of the seams were not ‘ideal’. Anyway, here is my finished quilt top.
I have to say I am rather pleased with it as the colours are so sweet and apt for a baby girl.
I have also finished quilting and binding The Rugged Cross. This is my 1st finish for Q3 FAL.
However, I am having difficulty with the Cambodian quilt cos the girls there have overlocked the seams (see pic below) and that makes them very bulky.
I am now in the process of unpicking these seams. I forsee difficulty in sewing them back together later cos the pieces of fabric were not cut accurately and their sizes differ.
Linking up with Red Letter Quilts’ OMG and Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict