The long weekend that had just gone by gave me the time to complete Goal #2 for Q2 Finish Along. This is not a new pattern for me. I had sewn a pouch using the same pattern last year. This Sue Kim’s pattern has 3 sizes. The first pouch I sewed was Small. For this second pouch, I used the same fabric but I sewed the Medium size. Instead of using normal interfacing as specified in the pattern, I used cotton batting. See the off-white cotton batting just beneath the lining of the bag.
The cotton batting gives the pouch more structure. When I sewed the first pouch, I used normal interfacing and the pouch felt floppy. This second pouch looks and feels much better. 🙂 See pic below.
I am linking up with Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilt and