This was a relatively easy project to complete but I procrastinated. However I still managed to finish the pouch in time for Bag It and also met my goal (Goal #6) for Q4 Finish-Along 2017.
The front of the pouch
The back of the pouch
The inside of the pouch
I added a store bought label on the lining. I have been toying with the idea of purchasing customised labels, labels with my blog name, The Biasedge. It is definitely easier to label my projects. Well one of these days I might just go ahead and order some.
I used bright red zipper as accent as the whole pouch looks kind of dull. The pattern called for 10″ zipper but I happened to have a 8″ one so to lengthen the zipper I added a fabric tab at the end of the zipper. If you look closely at the picture above where the zipper pull is, you will see that there is an extension of the zipper made of dark blue fabric after the zipper pull. I feel that this makes the installation of the zipper neater. I have also added interfacing to the strap thus making it stiffer. If you are making a stiffer strap, do remember to change your sewing machine needle to a bigger size (I use size 18) or else the needle might break as it has to go through many layers.
Coincidentally, Mary of The Daily Sew shared views similar to mine regarding stiffening of the strap and adding fabric tab at the end of the zipper. She did a pattern review of this wristlet pouch 2 years ago.