This should have been done earlier cos today is already 2018 (Singapore time) but better late than never. I shall divide my goals for the new year into 2 main categories: Crafty goals and Personal goals. The goals are listed below not by order of priority.
- To knit more.
In 2017, I picked up crochet and knitting again after a span of about 20 years. I realise I enjoy knitting very much but my repertoire of knitting stitches is very limited. I would like to learn to knit more in this new year and to knit a pair of socks and a sweater.
2. To do more machine embroidery
I have a stock of machine embroidery designs that I had purchased in the past. Many of these designs are wall hanging designs. I aim to stitch at least 2 of these wall hanging designs out this year.
3. To piece more quilt tops using my stash of specialty rulers
First I have to restrain myself from purchasing more rulers and instead to use them to piece more quilt tops.
- To be more physically active in order to keep fit. One of the reasons why I do not do much long arm quilting these past months is because my feet have been hurting. I think if I keep myself more fit I will be more productive in my crafty pursuits.
- To cherish my husband more. I heard a broadcast on Focus on the Family and the speaker talked about cherishing your spouse. I did not do that very well in 2017. After more than 20 years of marriage it is quite easy to take my husband for granted. I must make effort to show appreciation for him and for the things he does for the family.
- To be more patient with my children. Again I did not do this very well. Juggling full time work with family and hobbies is not easy. I need to prioritise. Family must always come first.
- To read the Bible regularly if not everyday. There is a saying, A Day Hem in Prayer Is Less Likely to Unravel.
I have listed my goals. We will see how I fare come end of this year.
I am linking up with 2018 planning party